Covenant Pines Trailblazers
Camp is finished for the season! Thank you to all who joined us! Be on the look out in February 2019 for next summer information.
Ages: For campers entering grades 4 & 5 in the 2018-19 school year
Cost: The total cost is $415. Colonial is offering a $60 early bird discount code for our Trailblazer campers if you register by March 1. The code is: CS60
All registration and payments will be made through Covenant Pines.
Registration: All registration and payments will be made through Covenant Pines.
Create an account. This allows you to return to forms to edit or print.
- Choose “Summer Youth Camps 2018”
- Enter Colonial’s discount code at the top of the page: CS60.
- Select “Trailblazer 3 July 23-28, 2018”
- Choose any early bird discounts that may apply.
- Bussing: choose “Crosstown Covenant” or parent pick up options.
- On the “household form”, for “church name” please write “Colonial Church”. This allows Colonial kids to be grouped together in cabins. Tell your friends to do the same, regardless of where their family worships!
- Cabin Pals are submitted in the “supplemental information” form. If campers have a friend that doesn’t know anyone else, both campers should submit the friend information to be placed in a cabin together.
Scholarships: Colonial Church and Covenant Pines are committed to helping every child attend camp. Covenant Pines Camp has early-bird discounts and need based scholarships.
- Early Bird: $355 (Pay in full by February 1st) or $385 (Pay in full by April 1st) Colonial Only Early Bird: Register by March 1 and receive $60 off with the code: CS60
- If you have need for a scholarship and are a friend of Colonial Church, please contact Marie Wonders for a confidential conversation.
- For Need-Based scholarships through Covenant Pines, please complete the Financial aid application when you register.
Medications/Allergies: Covenant Pines collects medical information online. To check in, you will need a PRINTED and SIGNED health form. Health forms must signed by a doctor or nurse as well as a guardian within 90 days from the start of camp. If your child takes prescription medication, please read the Covenant Pines health form medication information carefully.
Preparing to Leave
Bus Information: Covenant Pines buses depart and return at Crosstown Covenant Church, 5540 30th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55417 (off of Highway 62 and 28th Avenue South)
Departure: Monday, July 23 at 9 am at Crosstown Covenant Church. Be sure to bring the printed and signed health form in order to check in.
Return: Saturday, July 28 at 4 pm at Crosstown Covenant Church.
Alternative Transportation: Campers can also be dropped off or picked up at Covenant Pines Camp. Choose that option on the registration form. We encourage campers to ride the bus as they will be with friends and their counselors!
What To Bring: Check out the Summer Programs/Trailblazers page at CovenantPines.org
Also leave electronics at home, including cell phones. In order to allow campers and staff fully enjoy and benefit from camp, we do not allow campers to make or receive phone calls. In case of emergency, staff phone numbers will be available. Please do not tell your camper they can call home whenever they’d like to or allow them to “hide” a cell phone in their belongings. We want students to engage one another and not be isolated behind technology.
Covenant Pines Mailing Address: One of the most memorable parts of camp for children is receiving letters from their parents, friends, and relatives. If you mail a letter on Saturday, it will arrive at the camp on Monday or Tuesday. No mail delivery on Thursday. Letters should be addressed to:
Camper Name – Trailblazers 3
43696 245th Place
McGregor, MN 55760
Life after Camp Pyro with Trailblazers
Is there a way for my camper to get involved at Colonial on a week-to-week basis? Absolutely. The weekly elementary school ministry at Colonial is called FaithTrek and is for students in grades K-5. 6th graders are invited to attend our middle school youth ministry called, CRASH, which meets on Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm.