OutreachOutreach for us is more than just helping other people -- it's our commitment to partner alongside others to see everything flourish in God's world.
Community Emergency Services (CES)
Creation CareWe are dedicated to respecting and honoring our Creator God by caring for people and creation. Beyond sustainable, our goal is to help the church develop a regenerative system that restores the human relationship with God, people, and creation.
Opportunities for service we envision include:
* Building interior (recycling, composting, and working toward a "no disposables" policy)
* Church campus (Landscape plan, food production, invasive plant, water management, and bees)
* Energy conservation and pursuing energy alternatives (wind, solar, geothermal)
* Spiritual Formation through adult and children’s programming
* Outreach by involving neighbors and working with other churches to form a coalition of Creation Care Churches
Every Meal (formerly Sheridan Story)
Families Moving Forward
GenerosityThe Generosity Ministry Action Team’s purpose is to expand the definition of Generosity beyond just financial giving. This includes:
* Streamlining how tithing is practiced at the church, but also encouraging stewardship by highlighting opportunities to share the financial gifts many of our members have been blessed with.
* Simplifying how people become involved. And helping members of the Colonial community match their time, talent, connections and treasures with the many service and program alternatives available.
Generosity is rooted in Scripture, as shown in 2 Corinthians 9:10–12:
10 Now the One who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your store of seed and will increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be enriched in every way to be generous on every occasion, so that through us your giving will produce thanksgiving to God. 12For this ministry of service is not only supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanksgiving to God.
Generosity takes form in many forms of time, talent and treasures. Every person can find themselves in Romans 12: 1-8:
…5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith 7if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Mission Resource TeamOur congregation has long been engaged in doing good for Christ's sake. The Missions Resource Team is tasked with helping write the next chapter in this story, serving to identify and discern types of support for our ministry partners both near and far, connecting them with prayer, financial resources, and plugging in volunteers in areas of need.
RefugeeProviding financial support for refugees with major needs such as affordable housing, medical needs, and education services. We are looking for volunteers to meet short-term needs for welcome kit items that are not directly donated, and for apartment preparation, clothing and food, household items and other incidentals. Our volunteer teams include:
* Urgent responders (volunteers available on short notice to assist with urgent care, medical & dental appointments, school visits, shopping trips, pharmacy pick-ups, etc.)
* Tutors (for both child and adult learners)
* Needs list organizers
* Social activity organizers